Sandblasting nozzles for abrasive blast cleaning
- Dry Blasting - using dry abrasives such as coal slag, garnet, aluminum oxide to clean and add profice to hard surfaces like steel.
- Shot Blasting - propelling blast cleaning media (e.g. steel shot) using centrifugal force created by a mechanical spinning device.
- Soda Blast Cleaning - uses Formulated Bicarbonate of soda to clean softer surfaces e.g building walls, aluminum surfaces etc.
Steel Grit Blasting - Uses steel grit, shot etc,
- Wet or slurry blasting. Used when dust control is needed especially when surface being blasted has hazardous contaminants.
- Vapor blasting where the water mixing with abrasives is controlled and reduces run off.
- Vacuum Blasting - used where containment is needed and recycling is considered a cost saver.
- Dry Ice Blasting - used in the aviation industry
- Ceramic / Pencil blasting
- Bead blast cleaning
- Peening - to add additional hardness to e.g. steel surfaces.
- Pipe blast cleaning both outer and inner surfaces.
- Monument cleaning
- Glass and stone etching
- bead blasting
- Heat exchanger tubes
- Wooden structures
- Paint removal off aircraft surfaces.
- Graffiti removal
- Stone and brick work cleaning
We offer a wide range of straight bore carbide inserts made from tungsten carbide, boron carbide or ceramic. These inserts are widely used in suction style blast cleaning guns. These are used where small parts or light blasting is needed e.g. in blast cabinets and / or workshops where close up blast cleaning is needed. We also make a range of armor jacketed short, straight bore boron / tungsten carbide nozzles with 3/4" NPSM threads that use a 3/4" NPSM threaded nozzle holder that it attached to the blast hose. Typically these fitted on small blast pots.
We offer a choice of different jackets to protect carbide sandblasting liners. From our all armored alloy jackets and threads that provide a very high level of protection against ricochet wear and impact to lighter weight thermoplastic plastic jackets that provide good impact protection for liners.
Everblast has been making since 2014, a range of high quality Boron carbide, High performance XLBC blast cleaning nozzles. These light weight nozzles have an advantage over other high performance nozzles in that they offer superior wear properties typical of boron carbide. These nozzles blast faster and are great to use when large surface areas need blast cleaning. They can be used for dry and wet blasting. Our Venturi Nozzles are available with either 1-1/4" NPSM fine threads or 2" coarse threads.
We offer a comprehensive range of angle nozzles that can direct abrasive flow at 45 degrees (approx) this is a great help when blast cleaning difficult to reach areas. These 45 degree sandblasting nozzles are available with one, two or three, forward shooting exit ports. We also offer a 1/2" O.D. blast cleaning probe for blast cleaning inside small (narrow) deep holes. Also avaible are 90 degree blast cleaning nozzles.
Wet blasting and soda blast cleaning has become popular, as these methods offer a way of controlling dust - please see our range of Wet blasting nozzles. However, like many methods of blast cleaning there are pros and cons. It is important that each blast cleaning company researches to find out which method of blast cleaning (wet or dry) offers optimal results, given the type of surface preparation work being undertaken, abrasives used & coating that may subsequently be applied.
Guide on Estimated Nozzle Service Life in hours.
All figures are indicative and given for nozzle comparison purposes only. Actual nozzle service life will depend on operational variables, such as blast pressure, media dimensions and media particle profile. All figures are approximate.
|Nozzle Liner Material||Steel/Grit Shot (hours)||Expendable Abrasives (Hours)||Aluminum Oxide (Hours)|
|Silicon Carbide/Silicon Nitride||600-1000||400-600||50-100|
|Boron Carbide||1500-2500||750-1500||200 - 1000|